This is the second addition to our new weekly series called Trivia Thursday. There will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below that will have the answers hidden with in it. We are doing something a bit different and posting the answers today in the comment section below.
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did. .
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun.
- Which series had the characters Felix Unger and Oscar Madison?
- 1996 was the Chinese year of which creature?
- What year was the very first model of the iPhone released?
- Who is often called the father of the computer?
- How many molecules of oxygen does ozone have?
- How many parts (screws and bolts included) does the average car have?
- What was the name of the first established Canadian Team in the NBA (Hint: They were from Toronto)
- MuchMusic won a Gemini award for its coverage of which federal election (Hint what year)?
- Between 1917 and 1921 what was prohibited in British Columbia?
- Where is the world’s smallest jail located?
An older horse name Bill Gates took a stroll through the fields near a place called Rodney, Ontario.
Bill was a new arrival to the farm; it was his retirement package from hauling alcohol wagons. When first he entered the fields, he was met by 3 not so polite Huskies, who teased him about his branding
“1993….” they snickered then barked in unison “What is that your age old man?”
With his head hung low he wandered down the path until he came across a young rat who was counting the number of daisies he could see “2006, 2007, 2008…..”
“Hello there, I am Bill” the horse neighed to the little fellow
“Hey there, I am Charles, Charles Babbage but most just call me Chucky. You are new here. How are you liking this place?” the young rat squeaked and scurried between Bill’s legs.
“It’s not a bad place but it seems like it 30,000 miles away from where I came from.”
“Where are you from?” Chucky looked up at Bill genuinely curious.
“A small town called Petrolia, Ontario..” Bill spoke with a longing to return home.
Chucky started to laugh as Bill became self conscious of another joke at his expense. Just then the young rat broke his self pity. “Oh what a small world, you must have been in the trailer, I hitched a ride on. I am from there too.” The two became great friends and were know as The Odd Couple on the farm.