June is known as Strawberry Month, from the Strawberry Moon that just passed to sweet smelling Strawberry patches that are just beginning. The next four weeks will be dedicated to Recipes that incorporates strawberries. To bring the sweet taste of summer into your home.
While many have been improving on their Banana Bread Recipes while we have been sequestered. So we have been given this wonderful Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe that not only sounds intriguing but also delicious.
Thank you to our visitor who submitted this Delicious recipe. Remember you can Send a Message to share your favourite Strawberry recipe.
**AT THE END OF THE RECIPE IS A LINK TO A DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILE TO SAVE OR PRINT AND ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION.
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped & tossed in 1 Tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease two 9×5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Sift all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX! Fold in floured covered strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 350*F and bake for 1 hour or until edges are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
***For an added delight try sprinkling ½ cup of chocolate chips on top of the batter after poured. (on one or both pans)