Keeping with our theme of Strawberry Recipes we have a delicious treat for you today.
Many times we look at a jam recipe and say this is just to much product for me. Well today we have for you a wonderful no pectin needed Strawberry Jam recipe, that is not only easy but makes One Jar. (if you like a couple just double up the recipe).
This is great for those of us that are on our own, with a spouse or have a small family. For those that have limited storage area or just want to test their hand at making a jam.
What a great way to bring a taste of Summer to your table.
**AT THE END OF THE RECIPE IS A LINK TO A DOWNLOADABLE PDF FILE TO SAVE OR PRINT AND ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION.
2 3/4 cups sliced strawberries (green tops hulled)
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tbsp Real lemon juice
If you like a little zing add ½ tsp of Lemon Zest
- Add strawberries and sugar into a saucepan; mixing the sugar in well,.
- Bring the strawberries to boil over medium heat, remember to stir continually.
- When boiling, add the lemon juice and zest (if using).
- Boil for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the jam reaches 225F.
- To make sure the jam doesn’t burn stir often.
- Pour into a jar and let cool.
- Lid it and refrigerate.
This recipe is a taste treat on toast, ice-cream topping or an added kick to Strawberry Shortcakes.
Because we are not using any preservatives, this delicious jam should be last for 2 weeks if it not devoured in the first few days.
Thank you to the member that share this recipe.
Remember you can Send a Message to share your delicious recipes with other members and readers. We can keep you anonymous or if you like give you credit for your wonderful creations.