Welcome back to another segment of What’s Cooking. Today we have a wonderful Blueberry Muffin recipe that would a wonderful addition to any breakfast or snack. With fresh blueberry being plentiful this time of the year what better way to celebrate their unique taste.
At the end of the recipe you will find a downloadable/printable version to add to your collection. Enjoy the taste of summer.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/3 – 1/2 cup milk; (dairy or not dairy)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tins with paper liners (Makes 8-10 standard to large muffins depending on size)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup combine oil, egg, and milk slightly whisking adding vanilla at the end.
- Add liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Using a fork to combine but do not over mix. (The consistency of the batter will be thick). Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins 20 to 25 minutes (mini muffins will take about 9-11 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack.
They will last 2 to 3 days if stored at room temperature and sealed in a plastic container or bag. They will last up to 3 months in a freezer in a sealed plastic bag or wrapped in tinfoil.