Are you ready for our 14th addition of Trivia Thursday? Today is a blast from the past. As usual there will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below which have the answers hidden with in it. Some answers obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- What new type of telephone was invented in 1963?
- Which Easy Rider star directed the movie?
- Eating what type of live fish became popular in the 1950s?
- The Coasters recorded a song in 1959 with the line “You’re gonna need an ocean of Calamine lotion.” What is the name of the song?
- Which group had a hit with Twilight Time in 1958?
- What was the name of the first satellite launched into orbit by Russia in 1957?
- Name the handheld slide viewer that allowed users to look at 3D images inserted in paper disks.
- Which teardrop-eyed child figures appeared on cards and also became collectible figurines?
- What was the name of the fashion footwear that had an average of 2 to 5-inch thick solid soles?
- Who used to beg customers, “Please don’t squeeze the Charmin?”
It was a warm August evening as the sunset on the horizon. A new addition to the neighborhood was just getting ready to settle in. It was quite the change from his pet shop surroundings. The sounds he heard were very unusual and unique to him.
Just as he was getting ready to settle on the bottom for a rest from his long day he heard. “Hey you, hey you new comer over here!”
The new visitor look around and there was an unusual looking creature sitting on a lily pad. He swam over. “Hello. Who are you and what are you?” The new arrive asked.
“You must be really new if you do not know what I am. I am a bullfrog, the name is Hopper, Dennis Hopper but everyone just calls me Hopper around here.” He croaked “I have seen many different colour and shapes of fish in my life but you take the dragonflies. Never seen one your colour.”
A little intimidated the new arrival replies “I am a Gold fish, I am suppose to live in a bowl, never been outside before. My name is Mr. Whipple. What is this place?”
“Well I am going to call you Sputnik okay. You look like a Sputnik” Hopper croaked with authority.“ And you are living in a pond. It the most beautiful place you can imagine”
Spontaneously, the lily pads were filled with all different types of frogs like they were entertainment platforms. They all started to croak some at different time, some in unison. There were ones that sounded like cows and other that sound like a creaking floor or a chirping bird. Together the sounds reminded Sputnik of the touch-tone phone at the pet shop yet oddly like a choir. Just then Sputnik knew that his life in the pond would be filled with precious moments.
Abruptly, from long grass a dark cat jumped out and scared all the other frogs away. Hopper moved to a pad just out of reach of the cat. “That is Poison Ivy, she loves to come out and toy with us. That is until View Master come along and scares her away.”
“Who is View Master?” Sputnik asked.
He is the Old Owl in the dead tree over yonder, the guardian of the pond and it surroundings” Just as he finished speaking a large ominous figure few above and swooped over the pond, which sent the cat running.
The frogs returned to the surface and their lily pads as the evening bugs flew by them like the platters at an all you can eat buffet. They would take a nibble as they continued to sing the evening pond song while cricket filled in as the backup singers. Sputnik knew he was going to enjoy living in the pond.