Are you ready for our 19th addition of Trivia Thursday? Today’s topic is Movies and TV Shows. As usual there will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below which have the answers hidden with in it. Some answers obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- In My Cousin Vinny, what crime was Vinny’s cousin and his college friend mistakenly charged with?
- In Revenge of the Nerds, what course of study did nerds Lewis Skolnick and Gilbert Loew purse at Adams College?
- In Home Alone where did the family fly off to without Kevin?
- What was Margaret Houlihan’s nick name on MASH?
- Complete the tagline from The X-Files “The truth ____”.
- In The Ten Commandments, what holds the Egyptian Soldiers back as Moses parts the Red Sea?
- Complete this tagline from Grease “Grease is____.”
- Name the series Touch by an Angel was a spin off from.
- What popular sitcom set in the 50’s did Laverne and Shirley spin off from?
- What long running sitcom did Frasier spin off from?
Julia was approaching the lane-way of Promise Land, the ranch she knew as home. She reminisced of the happy days she had as a foster child with the Bells who owned this piece of paradise. Their loving kindness is what helped heal the hole that was in her heart.
As she walked down the lane, before her was the large Willow tree she would climb up and eat her hot lips candy. Oh how she loved the burning sensation in her mouth, with her tongue being the pillar of fire.
She traveled around the world for a computer science magazine but the beauty of Paris, or the sunsets of Hawaii could not compare to the heavenly acres that were before her. As she approached the wraparound porch of the huge 1800’s red brick farm house a murder of crows flew above her heading towards the ripening cornfields.
It reminded her of the excitement she had the first time she chased them out of the fields. Their cawing was loud and they were intimidating but Mary Bell always said they were more scared of them then she was.
As she reached for the door Jeremy opened it, “Julia we have been waiting for you. The word is out there that you were coming home for a season. Oh how mom has been waiting for you. Give me your bags I will take them to your room. Go rest in the living room dad is kindling a fire”
“Oh you are still a sweetheart. Thank you Jeremy.” She handed him her bags,
“Before you go,” she grabbed him by the arm, “Give me a hug”
She headed to the living room after their embrace; the aroma of pumpkin pie filled the house. “Mary always loves to bake” she thought to herself
Walking into the living room, she saw George stoking the fire while Mary was knitting.
“Cheers” she exclaimed as she pulled a bottle of French Champagne out her large handbag. They look up to see her, their faces beaming as they smiled at her.
“Who says you can’t go home?” Julie thought as she walked towards them.