Are you ready for our 25th addition of Trivia Thursday? Halloween is just a few days away so an All Hallow Eve is today’s theme. As usual there will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below which have the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- Complete the following chant, normally said by witches: double, double, toil and_____
- What does seeing a spider on Halloween signify?
- Instead of candy, what did kids originally receive when trick or treating?
- In which country did Halloween originate?
- According to superstition, if you stare into a mirror at midnight on Halloween, what will you see?
- Complete this lyric from the hit Halloween song The Monster Mash: “I was working in the lab, late one night, when my eyes beheld, ________
- What was candy corn originally called?
- Finish the title of this Radio drama that caused a mass panic on October 30, 1938, ‘War of the_____”.
- A Full Moon on Halloween is always a Blue Moon. How many years apart does this happen?
- What do you sprinkle on your doorstep if you want to keep evil spirits out of your house on Halloween night?
Adam could not wait, just 12 more hours and it would be his 19th birthday. How he had waited for this day. His mom informed him, that when he was old enough to drink, he could travel the world and visit the places he had only read about. His first trip would be to Ireland then off to Scotland or England, he thought to himself. He always wanted to taste the authentic food and drinks of the worlds.
His grandmother declared to him years ago, “You will meet your future spouse on your journey. She will be the salt of the earth and breathtaking to all.”
As he headed to bed he spotted an eerie sight from his window. It looked like a ghost wandering through the garden. He had to investigate make sure no one was causing trouble . Grabbing his housecoat he headed to the door.
Swinging open the door, he stepped out onto the porch only to trip over a bag of chicken feed and stumbled down the steps on to his butt.
Suddenly there was his mother standing over him, “Sweetie I thought you were a sleep; what are you doing out here?”
“I saw something in the garden.” He replied.
“Oh you ruin the surprise I had set up for you.” She said disappointedly
He looked around and there were Halloween decoration throughout they yard.
“This was going to be last year for a birthday party and such a special year it is. So I wanted to surprise you in the morning with a Birthoween Party. You know a love one is watching over you.” She continued.
He jumped up and gave her a bear hug just as he spotted the ghostly figure he saw was a bed sheet in the old oak tree.
“I love you mom”. The almost full moon filled the sky and the yard with the ambiance of eeriness as they went into the house together.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN Everyone