Are you ready for our 26th addition of Trivia Thursday? Today is all about November. As usual there will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below which have the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- What is something usually grown in November? (Hint to raise funds)
- What is the birthstone for November?
- What is the flower for November?
- November is recognized as being a tribute to which musical instrument?
- The 3rd of November is the national day of what?
- November is the awareness month for which disease?
- On November 5th 2007, what company unveiled the Android Mobile Phone operating system?
- In the ancient Roman calendar, November was which month?
- The end of what is celebrated in the Canada every November 11th?
- Complete this line from the poem NOVEMBER FOR BEGINNERS By Rita Dove “We stack twigs for burning in glistening patches but the ______ won’t give.
Angela could hear a drum echoing in the distance as she arrived at the Sandwich shop. She was nervous about meeting Gabriel. She had not seen him since ninth grade. For a moment her mind drifted to the day they met in history class, where they were paired together to write a paper on World War 1. Oh how she fell for him fast. She always remembered his eyes and how they sparkled like a blue Topaz.
When they reconnected on Facebook, she was curious about how his life turned out. A quick Google search revealed he was a nutritionist specializing in Diabetes. She was impressed with how that scrappy young boy with a passion for life became successful man helping other.
While anxious about entering the quaint shop, she built of the courage and crossed over the threshold to the dining area which sat empty. She head to a table that faced the door. Just as she sat down a man with a well trimmed moustache arrived carrying a bouquet of flowers. She noticed it had daisies, Chrysanthemums and Lilies; all her favorite flowers. He headed towards her and when he looked at her, her heart skipped a beat. Those eyes she could never forget those eyes.
“Hello Angela.” The huskiness of his voices made her heart melt as his arm reached out and placed the bouquet of flowers in front of her
“Hi Gabriel, so great to see you again.” With a quiver in her voice she replied.
As he took his seat across from her a gentle rain softly taps on the window beside them. It felt like time had never passed for both of them.