Are you ready for our 35th edition of Trivia Thursday and the first one for 2021? Today’s theme is all about January. Each question is related to the month of January in some way. Think you know the answers? Are you up to the challenge?
As usual the trivia questions will be listed with a short story below which has the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- How many months were in the Romans’ year before January was added?
- January is named after Janus. What was he the god of?
- Which 2 flowers are considered the symbol of January?
- What is January’s gem?
- Finish this line from Shakespeare’s play a Winter’s Tale “The blast of January would blow you through and _________.”
- Except for leap years, January always begins on the same day as what other month?
- National Trivia Day falls on what day in January?
- Which astrological sign is between January 21st and February 20th?
- On January 17 1912 Captain Robert Falcon Scott finally reach his goal to reach this place?
- What does the Brazilian city, Rio de Janeiro literally translates into English?
Adjusting her diamond and garnet broach, a young woman with long blond hair opened and walked through the door of the October Authentic Asian Restaurant. Her sister thought she need a man and set her up on a blind date, even though she did not feel ready. This was the 4th one she set her up on and everyone of them turned out to be a dud. The last one all he could talk about was the South Pole. His obsession was over whelming.
Her sister would always say “All new dates are new chapters in your life until you find your soul mate then it becomes an epic adventure.”
As she walked up to the Maître d’ she could hear Age of Aquarius playing softly in the background. Oh how she loved that song.
“Hello, Reservations under January River, I am meeting Anthony Reed”
“Good Evening Miss River, Mr Reed is already here. He is seated at table 10. Please follow me.” His heavy accent made it almost impossible to understand what he said.
She followed him and admired the table centre pieces. Each one was different some had Carnations, other Roses. When she arrived at her table she noticed her favorite flowers, Snowdrops, graced the table.
“Were these signs?” She wondered to herself.
She looked over to the man, with a dark complexion and his hair was a curly dark brown, sitting at the table.
He jump up immediately, “January, I am Anthony, but you can call me Tony.” The sound of his voice made her weak in the knees.
He stretched his hand out to grasp hers.
“Please call me Jan.” she stated as she reached to meet his hand. Suddenly there was a shock of electricity when they touched. He smiled while she giggled.
“Talk about an electric start.” He teased as he pulled out her chair.
Deep down something told her tonight was going to be the beginnings of an epic adventure.