With this easy chicken and vegetable stir fry recipe, you can have Chinese food without needing to pay for takeout! Feel free to mix up the protein or vegetables depending on what you have in your fridge. The simple sauce packs a flavour punch that will bring the dish together, no matter what. Serve it over rice or noodles. This recipe is for 6 servings. You can cut the ingredients as needed, or freeze for later.
For 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast(455 g), cubed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb broccoli florets(455 g)
- 8 oz mushroom(225 g), sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil, for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce(80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth(240 mL)
- ¼ cup flour(30 g)
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked through and browned. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add mushrooms. When the mushrooms start to soften, add broccoli florets and stir-fry until the broccoli is tender. Remove cooked mushrooms and broccoli from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Return the chicken and vegetables to the saucy pan, stir until heated through.
- Serve with hot rice or noodles.
Recipe via Tasty