It’s that time again Trivia Thursday? For our first one in February and our 39th edition we have a hodgepodge of questions all about February. Think you know the answers? Are you up to the challenge?
As usual the trivia questions will be listed with a short story below which has the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted with in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- What is the year know as when February has 29 days?
- Finish this Joseph Wood Krutch quote “The Most Serious _____ Which Can Be Brought Against New England is Not Puritanism, but February”.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for February. What does it represent?
- From the Pennsylvania Dutch superstition if what creature emerging from its burrow on February 2nd and sees its shadow there is 6 more weeks of winter but if it does not it is an early spring?
- What flower do is consider February’s Birth flower?
- What is the Latin meaning of the word “februa”? The root word of February
- In February of what year did, Buddy Holly’s plane crashed?
- On February 16, of which year was King Tut’s tomb open in Egypt?
- England’s King Henry VII officially declared February 14, the holiday of St Valentine’s Day, in what year?
- What was the first chocolate brand to produce heart shape box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day?
The winter seemed to grow longer and longer as the air got chillier and chillier each passing day. Violet was not sure how she was going to survive another six weeks inside. She longed go visit the homes in the neighbourhood. She reminisced of the houses she used to stopover at.
1923 Cadbury Drive had a wonderful sweet smelling yard filled with the rose gardens. All the colours reminded her of the rainbows. It was prime place to look for snails however she would always get caught up in the thorns from the bushes.
Then there is 1537 Primrose Avenue which is filled with every flower her mother told her about: Pink Bee Balm, Butterfly Weed and so much more however her favourite was the Cardinal Flower. She loved to sit and watch the hummingbirds and butterfly dance among the flower like a gentle ballet. The place held a sense of serenity . Most of all it was also a great place for digging and finding grubs and worms.
Now, 1959 Hershey Road was always considered the place to grab a treat when you want one. There were always suet cakes and peanuts readily available for when you just want to grab a quick snack. They also made sure their visitors had plenty of water to drink. It was definitely her go to spot on those long lazy summer days.
Besides those three places there was one place she loved to visit. It has a huge cement pond; the perfect place to go for a swim for purification after a long and busy day. She just had to make sure that Charge, the large Golden Lab, didn’t see her sneak in. He hated sharing the pond with anyone but the owners. Nonetheless it never stopped her taking a running leap and creating a big splash that would get him all wet. He would never go in after her but always pace and bark around the edges. Violet would stay and hang out in the pond until he got tired of pacing and went back to his house then she would sneak away.
Oh how her life was so much more active in the warmer months but these colder months of hibernation were for the bears.
Violet thought to herself “If only I could be like the birds and head south for the winter but with all sincerity this is my fate as a Groundhog.”