Burritos are a quick, easy meal that will also get you some real bang for your buck. Not only are they inexpensive to make, they also freeze well. So make a couple of batches, have some today and put the rest in the freezer for another day.
for 6 burritos
- 6 flour tortillas
- 16 oz refried bean(455 g), 1 can
- 1 cup spanish rice(230 g), cooked
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend(100 g)
- Assemble the burritos by microwaving the flour tortilla for 20 seconds, and begin to layer burrito starting with refried beans, followed by the cooked rice and cheese.
- Fold in the left and right sides of the tortilla and roll it up from the bottom, tucking the bottom edge under the filling. Wrap in parchment paper and label. Freeze up to 1 month.
- To reheat from frozen, wrap the burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway or until the center is hot. Let stand 1 minute before eating.
Recipe and image via Tasty
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at email@example.com