It’s that time again Trivia Thursday, our 41st edition. After the cold spell and the snowstorm that came through what a great time for a Winter Theme. This week’s questions are all about winter. Think you know the answers? Are you up to the challenge?
As usual the trivia questions will be listed with a short story below which has the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted with in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- What do we call the state when animals sleep during the winter?
- Which winter sport is also known as “the roaring game”?
- The South and North Poles are ______ in darkness during their winters.
- Which kind of snow is packing snow suitable for making a snowman?
- Where do slugs go during the winter when the temperature goes below the freezing level?
- What term is used to refer to a car that loses traction on the rear wheels?
- What is the blindness called due to overexposure to UV light that reflects off of the snow?
- How many sides are there in typical snowflakes?
- What is used in the winter to reduce the freezing point of water?
- The first snowmobile in the world was patented in which country?
Brrring, Brrring, Brrring, Amanda’s alarm continues as she rolls over and slaps the snooze button. Six came to quick for her. She pulls the covers over her head, just another hour that all she wanted but she knew that it was impossible for a long day was before her. With snow on the way she had to make sure that all the bears in the area were tagged before they head into hibernation.
Her alarm goes off again. No more hitting the snooze button. She rolls out of bed; the cold floor felt like it was wet to her feet. Curling up her toes in her slippers to keep them warm she head to the thermostat and turns up the heat then head for a shower. She take a quick glance in the mirror and had to laugh her hair looked like a fishtail. She has had some unusually bed head in the morning but this one took the cake.
After showering she headed to the kitchen to grab a coffee and something to eat. She reached for the salt only to realize she completely forgot to go to the grocery store.
“Well there goes breakfast.” She mumbles to herself as she grabbed a cup of coffee to go. Jumping into her jeep, and headed to the office. She reaches the underground parking where she met up with her colleague Paul.
“Hey Paul, are you ready for a long day?” She smiles.
“Well we still have not found Yogi and Boo Boo. Maybe if we put out a picnic basket we will get them.” He joked as they both laugh.
Walking to The Department of Natural Resources of Canada’s van that was prepared for their excursion, they listened to the nation weather service state that there was a major snowstorm coming their way.
“Looks like we only have today to get as many bears as we can tagged after this storm hits they will be deep within their dens.” Paul asserted
“Well, I hope you have those picnic baskets ready.” Amanda giggled as they open the doors and jump in.
The morning sun was crowning upon the horizon as they pulled out of the garage.
“It looks like it is going to be a good day to go hunting for bears.” Paul snickers as they head towards the woods.