St. Patrick’s Day is in just a couple of days, so today’s recipe is for a seasonal fast food favourite that you can make at home. That’s right, McDonald’s Shamrock Shake in your own kitchen! This super-yummy shake is a much-anticipated start to spring for many people, and now you can make it too! Don’t forget to come back to this recipe in the heat of summer for a nice cooling treat to beat the heat. These shakes are ultra creamy, and so full of minty vanilla flavour.
- 1 cups vanilla ice cream (1.5 quart container)
- 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/8 tsp pure mint extract (you want mint – not peppermint)
- Green food coloring (approximately 10-15 drops of liquid food coloring)
- Whipped cream – for serving
- Green sanding or sparkling sugar – for serving
- Maraschino cherries – for serving
- Add ice cream, milk, mint extract and food coloring to large blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into serving glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, green sugar and a cherry, if desired.
Recipe and image via The Chunky Chef