My favourite part of June has to be the fresh strawberries! I love just about everything strawberry. So when I came across this recipe, I had to share it. It is a super-simple, super-fast recipe using fresh strawberries and yogurt to make a creamy chilled strawberry soup! How perfect is that for a hot summer day?! The best part? Each serving is only 205 calories!
- 8 cups fresh ripe strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 cups vanilla or strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar depending on taste preference
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- fresh mint leaves to top optional
- Add all ingredients to the blender except the fresh mint. You might need to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Blend until everything is creamy. Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve in bowls and add fresh mint leaves on top.
- If you will be eating right away, try using frozen strawberries or frozen yogurt so you don’t have to chill before enjoying.
- This recipe will make a big batch. Halve it (or even quarter it) or place in the freezer to enjoy later!
- Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and strain out the seeds and small pieces of strawberry.
- For an even prettier bowl of soup, add a dollop of yogurt and sliced strawberries as garnish, along with the mint leaves, as shown in the picture.