This month’s breakfast recipe comes to us from Buns In My Oven and I love it! It’s great for anyone on a Keto diet or if you just want to lower your carbohydrates! This low carb breakfast casserole is hearty and filling, because it’s packed full of protein from the sausage, bacon, and eggs. It’s great to make ahead of time and either keep in the fridge for a couple of days or in the freezer. Freeze it in individual servings and pull out and reheat in the microwave as needed. The best part? You can add in any vegetables or meat you like! I’m going to try adding mushrooms to mine. You can even top it with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives if you want to get fancy!
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet, crumbling as it cooks. Drain grease and set aside.
- Dice the bacon into bite-sized chunks and cook in a large skillet, stirring often, until crisp. Drain the grease and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the milk. Whisk together until well combined.
- Stir in the sausage, bacon, cheddar, onion, pepper, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at email@example.com