It’s strawberry season again in Chatham-Kent, so what is better than a dessert featuring that sweet fruit? Homemade crunchy cinnamon chips, strawberries, a drizzle of chocolate and as much or as little whipped cream as you want? Yes please! And if you are reading this recipe later on, just grab a bag of frozen strawberries, let them thaw and enjoy a great summer treat any time of the year. This dish is sure to be the hit of the party (once we can have them again)!
- 4-6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tbsp (keep separate)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make cinnamon sugar by mixing 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together (you may need more or less of this depending on your preference.
- Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut tortillas into wedges.
- Place tortilla wedges on ungreased baking sheet, sugar side up. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place chopped strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Stir and set aside for about 10 minutes so the sugar dissolves into a light syrup.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave, in 1 minute increments, stopping to stir each time, until melted.
- Arrange cinnamon sugar chips on platter or plate, top with strawberries and drizzle with melted chocolate. Garnish with whipped cream.
Recipe via Tidy Mom
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org