These Make-Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Protein Parfaits from The Lemon Bowl are ideal for making ahead on Sunday and enjoying throughout the week (they will keep in the fridge up to 5 days). Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia and flax seeds will give you the ideal balance of healthy, monounsaturated fat, and protein. The yogurt is sweetened with a little pure maple syrup which plays off the warm cinnamon and cloves in the nut topping. You can of course substitute the nuts and seeds for your favourites, swap out the plain Greek yogurt for your preferred flavour. The possibilities are endless!
Makes 5 servings
- 32 ounces (slightly less than 4 cups) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups mixed berries (i.e. raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc.)
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds shelled
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour into a liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together seeds, nuts, and spices.
- To assemble parfaits, set out five glasses or mason jars and pour in ¼ cup or so of the yogurt mixture into each glass.
- Top the yogurt layer with a couple tablespoons of the nut and seed mixture.
- Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of berries on top of the nut mixture then begin again with yogurt.
- Repeat the layers until all ingredients have been used.
- Seal mason jars or cover glasses with plastic wrap until you’re ready to serve.