Everyone needs a recipe for the best Broccoli Salad! This one is stuffed with bacon, cranberry, cheese, sunflower seeds, and tangy homemade dressing. It is easy to make and is a huge crowd pleaser. The perfect side dish to bring to your summer barbecue, or even to serve at Thanksgiving!
- 10-11 strips of bacon
- 2 heads broccoli (about 1 and 1/2 pounds or 5-6 cups)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, or more to taste
- 1 and 1/4 cups Miracle Whip OR mayonnaise
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook the bacon, allow it to cool, then chop into pieces
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces
- Mix together all ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl
- Add the ingredients for the salad to the bowl with the dressing, stirring until salad is coated with dressing.
- Serve at room temperature if desired. Otherwise, cover and place in fridge until approximately 15-20 minutes before serving. Salad will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.