It is August in Chatham-Kent and we all know what that means – FRESH CORN!!! I absolutely love fresh corn on the cob and I will sometimes have it 2 or more times a week in August and September. I try to support local by getting it from farmer’s stands. It also tastes way better too. Having corn so often, I am frequently looking for new ways to serve it – not for myself (just salt and butter is all I need!) but for my family. This recipe is great because with just a few ingredients, you can really up your corn on the cob game! Charred over the grill and slathered in a homemade honey butter, this corn has layers upon layers of flavor thanks to sweet honey, spicy cayenne pepper and vegetable seasoning.
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) vegetable seasoning
- 1/4 tablespoon (1 milliliter) ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 4 ears fresh corn
- Mix butter, honey, vegetable seasoning and ground cayenne pepper in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Remove husks and silk strands from corn.
- Grill corn over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Spread butter mixture over corn. Serve immediately.
Recipe and image via Club House
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at email@example.com