This week we have two really interesting questions.
With all the talk about the Zoom hack of the May 16 Miracle initiative in Chatham-Kent questions have arise. What is Zoom? Is Zoom a safe app/website to use?
Zoom is a virtual meeting place. Over the last 9 years, Zoom has been mainly used for conference meetings and board meetings. However since Covid 19, Zoom has taken the forefront in many areas.
They are families’ main ways of communicating; how different classes are being held from School Classrooms settings to University and College lectures; and how community organizations are organizing informational programs and virtual outings.
Zoom is a tool that helps us connect to one another using our computers, I pad and/or tablets. When a user signs up their profile is linked to an email address which is given an Id number and “Room” Address to host meetings/gatherings.
A “Room” is a virtual meeting place almost like a Living room or Board Room where people gather together. Your meeting can include video and/or audio. There are safety feature one can put into place on their room before they start a meeting. Unfortunately, like anything criminals will find away to “crash” very well advertised meetings, like the one that happen in Chatham-Kent.
Smaller more intimate meetings will less likely to be targeted because the information to enter the rooms are not as readily available to them as well as smaller groups will usually recognize when a stranger/unwanted guest enters. It does not mean Zoom is unsafe. Just like any other app/website we use to interact with others, it means that users must be diligent to use the security features that are available
While Zoom had security measures into place to help ward off hackers/trolls attacks they are always adjusting their measures when they find areas that can be breached. There security measures can be done pre-meeting, and in-meeting to help the host control the meeting, the room and the information flowing.
If you have a Zoom account/app please review their security features for rooms here . Just like we secure our homes we must be diligent to secure our virtual ones.
How Do I print from my iPad. iPhone, iPod
Before you can print you must:
- First, have a compatible printer that supports AirPrint which most new printers are. Click here if you are unsure. You may need to download a manufacture’s app from the Apple App store
- Second, make sure that both your device and printer are connected to the same WiFi network.
Now you are ready to print.
- Open the app that you want to print from.
- To find the print option, tap the app’s share iconor tap …. More
- Scroll down and tap Print icon. If you can’t find the print option it because not all apps support AirPrint.
- Tap Select Printer and choose a printer.
- Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
- Tap Print in the top right-hand corner.
You can cancel your print job by hitting the cancel button before the printing has finished.
Congratulations you have now just printed from your idevice. Now you are ready to write your first novel and print it for your family and friends.
Thanks to our website visitors for these excellent questions. If you have a question you would like to have answered. Here are three ways you can.
- Leave a comment on this post,
- Use our Send a Message page
- Email our Geek at email@example.com
Till next time stay safe, stay healthy and most of all stay positive.
Your Resident Geek.