If you are anything like me, some days it is hard to get out of bed and you just want that extra 10 minutes of sleep. Unfortunately, sometimes that means I am pressed for time to fit in a healthy breakfast. That is why I am a huge fan of these breakfast egg muffins. You can make a dozen of them and keep them in the fridge or freezer until you want one. Then just pop them in the microwave for a minute or two and enjoy!
Makes 12 egg muffins
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup spinach cooked and drained (about 8 oz fresh spinach)
- 6 bacon slices cooked, drained of fat, and chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a regular 12-cup muffin pan. Spray the muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until smooth.
- Add milk, salt, cheddar cheese and mix.
- Stir spinach & cooked bacon into the egg mixture.
- Ladle the egg mixture into greased muffin cups ¾ full.
- Top each muffin cup with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let the muffins cool for 30 minutes before removing them from the pan.