Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. It’s not unusual for me to have breakfast for dinner just to get more breakfast! Whether you make this as a breakfast-for-dinner meal or actual breakfast, these are quick, easy, delicious, and customizable! To customize, add in spinach, mushrooms, peppers, bacon, or whatever you wish at Step 9. You can also add more than 1 egg to the boat, just make sure to give them a bit of space.
for 3 pizza boats
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese(100 g)
- 1 cup feta cheese(115 g), crumbled
- 1 lb pizza dough(450 g), divided into 3 portions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- In a small mixing bowl combine the mozzarella and feta and set aside.
- On a large floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to an oval roughly 10 inches (25 cm) in length.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cover surface of dough with olive oil and spoon on cheese mixture leaving a 1 inch (2 cm) margin around the outside of the dough.
- Fold in the 1 inch (2 cm) margin creating a crust around the cheese.
- Brush the crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and with a knife spread out some of the melted cheese in the center of the pizza boat and crack an egg into it.
- Turn down heat to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes.
Recipe and image via Tasty. Follow the link for a quick instructional video too!
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org