It’s the last Monday of the month, which means it’s time for a great dessert recipe! And with Easter coming up on Sunday, why not make today’s dessert recipe Easter-themed? These Easter Egg Cookie Dough Truffles are adorable and tasty! I really have to have one these, but only if I can gift the rest of the batch away!
- 1/2 cup of butter room temperature (see note)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour (see note)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- pink blue, purple, and white candy melts
- In the bowl of a large stand mixer, cream the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- With the mixer still running, slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk. You may need to stop the mixer periodically to scrape down the sides.
- Once it is fully combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into one inch balls, and then shape into eggs. Place on a wax paper-lined pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Melt the candy melts according to the directions on the bag. Keeping the truffles in the refrigerator, and removing only three or four at a time, dip them in the candy melts one at a time with a fork. Gently tap off any excess chocolate and let dry on wax paper.
- To add the stripe decoration to the eggs, dip a fork in a different candy melt and simply drizzle over.
Butter Note: The butter should be soft, but not at all melted. You should be able to push your finger into it but not all the way through the stick. To achieve room temperature butter quickly, cut up the butter in one inch pieces and leave out on the counter for a half hour.
Flour Note: To prevent risk of e. coli, spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then proceed to use in this recipe.
Recipe and image via Simple Joy
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at email@example.com
This Easter decoration is simple to make and adds a simple elegance to your home just in time for Easter! You should be able to find all the items you need at any dollar store. I think this is just adorable and can’t wait to make one for my home!