We are back with another Name That Song trivia post!
How does it work, you ask? We have posted a line or two from popular songs from the fifties onward. Your job is to guess both the song and the artist that the lyrics are from. Some are more difficult than others, but they are all lyrics from well-known songs. I’ve added the year the song was released to give you a little hint. How many can you guess correctly?
The answers will be listed below the questions with a picture separating them so you don’t scroll too far. No peeking though!
Don’t forget to leave a comment telling us how you did!
Ready….. Set…. GO!
- I held you, held you tight. ‘Cause I love, love you so. Promise I’ll never let you go (1956)
- Do you remember when we used to sing? Sha-la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la, la-la tee-da (1967)
- I’m gettin’ bugged driving up and down the same old strip. I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip. (1963)
- I will drive past your house and if the lights are all out, I’ll see who’s around (1978)
- “When you coming home, dad?” “I don’t know when, but we’ll get together then. You know we’ll have a good time then.” (1974)
- Life is a mystery. Everyone must stand alone. I hear you call my name and it feels like home. (1989)
- Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place where as a child I’d hide and pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by. (1987)
- Lyin’ on our backs and countin’ the stars where the cool grass grows (1987)
- And I’m here, to remind you of the mess you left when you went away (1995)
- Music hits me so hard, makes me say “Oh, my Lord. Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet” (1992)
- I remember it all very well, lookin’ back. It was the summer I turned eighteen. We lived in a one room, rundown shack on the outskirts of New Orleans. (1990)
- Every little thing I do never seems enough for you. You don’t want to lose it again, but I’m not like them (2000)
- If your callin’ ’bout the car I sold it. If this is Tuesday night I’m bowlin’. If you’ve got somethin’ to sell your wastin’ your time, I’m not buyin’.
- In the Still of the Night – The Five Satins
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- I Get Around – The Beach Boys
- One Way or Another – Blondie
- Cats in the Cradle – Harry Chapin
- Like a Prayer – Madonna
- Sweet Child of Mine – Guns and Roses
- Fishin’ in the Dark – Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- You Oughta Know – Alanis Morissette
- Hammer Time – MC Hammer
- Fancy – Reba McEntire
- It’s Gonna Be Me – N Sync
- Austin – Blake Shelton