Are you ready for our 24th addition of Trivia Thursday? Today’s we bring you Movie trivia. As usual there will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below which have the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- “Ask the Audience” and “Phone a Friend” are two of these on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
- Diane Keaton & Jack Nicholson first co-starred in Reds before later coupling up in this 2003 romance?
- What modern-day accessory can be seen worn by some chariot racers in the classic movie Ben Hur?
- Variations of what famous three-word phrase are used in all the Terminator movies?
- Complete the title of this 1961 award winning British Film: A Taste Of ______.
- In what 2004 romantic movie did Ryan Gosling say “If you’re a bird, I’m a bird”?
- In what film did Diane Lane play Richard Gere’s cheating wife?
- What was the name of the 2004 film about the life and times of singer Bobby Darin?
- In what film do aluminum siding salesmen Richard Dryfuss & Danny Devito crash their Caddies?
- In the coming of age rock film Almost Famous Kate Hudson plays character Penny Lane. What is Penny’s nickname?
The cool night air gave chills down the necks of three brothers. As the crescent moon rose over the horizon just beyond the sea, the boys noticed shadowy figures in the distances. Was this the tin men they heard about? Was this the folklore coming to life?
As they approached the shadows they realized it was just some small trees.
“Wow that was a fright. I thought the story of the unfaithful husband was true.” Jeffrey said with relief in his voice.
“Yes, me too. I thought the wife’s tin men had come out to get us?” Paul voice trembled.
“I have to record this in the notebook of our adventures.” Carl pulls a pen out. “Do you guys have the time?”
Looking at their watches, Paul and Jeffery simultaneously answer “8:12”
Carl jots something down and then looks up. “Well we have 40 minutes before we have to head home where to now guys?”
“Let go look over the cliffs and see if the tide has rolled in yet.” Paul stated.
Jeffery dismisses Paul’s suggestion. “No, we did that last night let’s go deeper into the woods and see if we can find hidden treasure.”
Yet as always Paul got his way and the boy’s headed towards the cliffs, Jeffery started mumbling to himself. “Something’s gotta give! Paul always gets his ways. Just because he older and bigger it not fair” as he dragged his feet kicking at the fallen leaves.
Suddenly he feels himself falling. “Paul… Carl… Help me”
The two boys run up to find Jeffery had fallen into a large sink hole. “Are you okay?”Paul screams.
“Yes but my leg is cut bad.” pain can be heard in his answer.
“I’ll be back, I am going to find some vines to use as rope.” Carl runs off and quickly returns.
He braided the vines before lowering it down to Jeffery, as Paul opens the small first aid kit he always carries with him.
“Are you ready?” Carl threw one end of the braided vines down and wrapped the other around a tree.
Jeffery tied it around his waist “Good to go”
Carl and Paul pulled Jeffery out. Opening the water canteen, Carl washed the gash on Jeffery’s leg while Paul prepared some honey on a Band-Aid.
“This is a great antiseptic and should help till we get you home” he half mumbled to himself All bandaged up, they helped Jeffery to his feet.
“Well this was quite the adventure; remind me to log it in the notebook when we get home.” Carl stated as they headed back to town. Jeffery leaned on his brothers for support and realized that no matter what happens his brothers will always be there; they are truly his lifelines.