Are you ready for our 8th addition of Trivia Thursday? As usual there will be a list of trivia questions and a short story below which have the answers hidden with in it. Some answers obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun.
- In which desert was there no rain for 10 years?
- Which name are the Sandwich Islands better known as?
- What does your body use to get rid of salt?
- How many inches in length is the typical human esophagus?
- During digestion, into what do all carbohydrates other than fiber break down?
- Stretching after a workout helps to accomplish what?
- What company was originally named Blue Ribbon Sports?
- What is another term for the fraudulent investment scheme called a “Ponzi”?
- What is the name of Stephen King’s first novel?
- What is a female donkey called?
As the sun was setting on the coastal shores of Hawaii a young girl name Carrie was riding a horse on the beach. She came across a starfish and felt sorry that it was not able to make it back to the ocean.
As she dismounted she spoke to her horse. “Just wait here Christine; I have to save this wonderful creature from its misery.” She picked up the little creature and tossed it into the water.
Mounting back on her horse she said to herself “This beach must have felt like the Sahara to him”
Unbeknownst to Carrie a young girl named Jenny was watching in the distance. She was amazed at the kindness this woman shown to the small creature. Inspired by what she saw Jenny headed to the ocean where the tide was receding and found 20 starfish stranded on the beach picking them up she placed them back into the ocean. She did not even care that sand was getting into her Nike Shoes.
Suddenly her Apple phone alarm rang telling here it was almost 10 and she had to get back to work.
“Oh Sugar, I wish I could save more of you, but I have to get back to work” she spoke gently to the last one she placed in the water.
As she left the shoreline she could see Pyramid Rock in the distance, yet she was unaware a young man, treading water to relax strained muscles was watching her. Overhearing her speaking to the starfish, he emerges from the water and starts picking up starfish and placing them back in the ocean.
It is true, sometime our good deeds may not be rewarded but they do create a ripple effect in other’s lives.