It’s that time again Trivia Thursday, our 45th edition. Today we are going to do a Throwback Thursday and Time Travel back to the 80’s. Think you know the answers? Are you up to the challenge?
As usual the trivia questions will be listed with a short story below which has the answers hidden with in it. Some answers are obvious while others might be harder to figure out. The answers are posted with in the comment section. Do you think you can solve them?
Please feel free to leave comment and let us know how you did.
Ready…. Set… Go….. Have Fun
- In the 80s if you turned on your television and saw the characters Tootie, Blair and Natalie, what show would you be watching?
- What 80s fashion trend was inspired by the movie Flashdance?
- What 80s film helped to start the Ray-Ban Sunglasses trend?
- Larry Hagman played which iconic character on the TV show Dallas?
- In the early 2000 Croc shoes came on to the scene but what were the shoes to wear in the 80’s if you wanted to be fashionable?
- What was the highest grossing movie of the 1980s?
- Care Bears were all the rage during the 80s. Which Care Bear was green?
- Which Stevie Wonder hit song was the first song to hold number one honors on four different Billboard charts?
- Which 1984 film by John Hughes only took two days to write?
- Angela, Tony, Sam, and Mona are characters from what popular 80’s sitcom?
As Angela placed 16 Candles on J.R’s cake she could not help but get misty eyed. It just seem like yesterday when he was into peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and putting his sisters leg warmers in the cat bed to keep Tabby warm. Oh how she missed his innocence and joyful manner. She especially missed how he would sit outside under the stars hoping to see an UFO or an E.T.
When he hit his teenage year he became a different person with his top gun attitude she times wondered who’s the boss. However she knew the facts of life were they would grow to become young adults, ones that will break away from their parents to make their way to the world. She just did not realize how quickly time passes by.
One thing she hoped for was never hearing from J.R. or his sister Mary’s lips “part time lover”. It was hard enough for her to imagine they will be in serious relationships soon .
Picking up the cake after she lit the last candle she headed towards the dining room. As she entered the family who gathered started to sing Happy Birthday as she placed it on the table. J.R. gave a little smirk and blew out the candles. She wondered what he wished for yet knew that she could not ask as it was a secret.
She passed him the cake knife, “You are now old enough to cut the cake and dish it out.” This had been a family tradition handed down over the generations.
J.R smiled mischievously, “I am a man now, ready to take on the world.”
Angela laughed as she went over to hug him. “And good luck with that”