I don’t know about you but when I think October, I think pumpkin🎃! This warm pasta is the perfect Autumn comfort food.
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shallots(50 g), diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 15 oz ricotta cheese(425 g)
- 15 oz pumpkin puree(425 g)
- 1 cup milk(235 mL)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese(55 g)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fusilli pasta(455 g)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese(50 g)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook the pasta according to package instructions. In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Place saucepan on medium heat. Coat with olive oil, then pour in shallots and cook until they begin to soften (3-5 minutes).
- Add sage and thyme, stir, and cook until fragrant.
- Bring heat down to low and add the pumpkin and ricotta. Stir until well-combined.
- Add milk, stir, add parmesan, stir.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper, stir well-blended.
- Combine the sauce with cooked pasta and stir until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the pasta into a baking dish or a pumpkin, like we did! Top off with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered for 15-20 minutes (until cheese has melted).
- Then broil for a quick 2-3 minutes if you want the cheese on top to brown and get toasty. Keep on eye on it while it’s broiling to make sure you don’t overdo it. Serve immediately, before it gets cold.