It’s the last Monday of the month. We all know what that means! Dessert time! And boy does this treat deliver! It is a versatile dessert that can be dressed up for a special occasion or made into a fun treat that everyone will love. Either way, it’s sure to delight!
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cans fat-free evaporated milk
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp orange rind, grated
- berries to garnish
- In a large heat-proof bowl, gently whisk egg yolks; set aside.
- In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in evaporated milk and milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking gently until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1½ cups (375 mL) of the hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Gradually whisk back into saucepan and bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking, for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and orange rind until chocolate is melted.
- Spoon into small serving dishes and place plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- Refrigerate until chilled and set, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh berries and enjoy!
Recipe and image via Get Cracking
As always, if you have a favourite recipe that you would like to share, email us at email@example.com